Monday, November 16, 2009

Breadwinner!

Off and on now, I've been making bread at home using this recipe for "Artisan Bread in 5 minutes a Day" I originally read about it in Mother Earth News online. So, when we want bread at home, this is the recipe I use, because it's fast, and also because kneading bothers my wrists (this is a no-knead recipe).

Now, normally, I don't experiment when I bake, thinking that any deviation from the recipe will ruin the result, and I don't like wasting food. But when I cook, I don't measure hardly at all....

Yesterday, I got brave and experimented with the bread recipe. Before mixing the bread together, I threw some oatmeal, wheat bran, dry kamut cereal, walnuts, flax seed, and sunflower seeds into the food processor. I pulverized it, and replaced it for the same volume of flour. The rest of the flour I used half white flour and half wheat flour. I set the bread to rise, and held my breath.

Put it in to bake, and VOILA!!!




There it is!




It was hard to wait for it to cool to slice it, but I did....lookin' good...




I was worried the texture would be too dense, but it's not really, sort of the texture of a muffin inside.....and DELICIOUS!!!


Needless to say, I'm very proud of myself. Now I only have to duplicate it.....great.

No comments:

Post a Comment