Monday, November 23, 2009

Local Thanksgiving Menu

We're hosting Thanksgiving this year. 20 people...EEK!!! Thankfully, I'm not doing all the cooking, as I have to work until 2pm Thanksgiving Day. We're having supper at 5 or 6, and my Mom and Sister will be at my house while I'm at work to get things going. I wanted to share our *mostly* local menu with you:

Turkey-ordered from nearby Plainville Farms

Local Mashed Potatoes- with local butter and sour cream

Sausage stuffing- using locally-made Gianelli sausage

Stuffed squash- using locally grown turban squashes, local apples, home-made bread, and local walnuts (just found these at the co-op, super excited about them!)

Sauteed Spinach-will try to find local, but if I can't then organic at least

Salad, with local greens

Applesauce-with local apples

Homemade Rolls

Pies-Grandma's in charge, but probably made with local fruit she picked this summer and froze

Appetizers:

Deviled eggs-local free-range eggs

Onion dip- local onions, with locally-made potato chips

Salsa-homemade with local produce, and organic corn chips.




It's not perfect, but I think it's a pretty good stab at our first conscious effort to have a local Thanksgiving feast, especially with family members who are not always on our local bandwagon. Look for photos of our feast sometime this weekend!!

No comments:

Post a Comment